Truth time: It's Friday night, I'm at home with a nasty case of blogger's block and I stumbled upon this survey. I LOVE things like this (I'm noisy) so I hope you do too. If you do one, please let me know in the comments so I can take a peek!
1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:30ish...?
2. How do you like your steak? Confession: I've never had steak! I hear it's pretty good though.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Argo.
4. What is your favorite TV show? Too many to count, but: Switched at Birth, the Walking Dead, and the PBS miniseries God in America from 2010 are my current obsessions.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Ye gods, everywhere. Austin, Texas. North Carolina. New Orleans.
6. What did you have for breakfast? Cereal and local milk, then pumpkin pancakes for second breakfast which leads me to #7...
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Anything that combines unhealthy amounts of sugar and bread.
8. What foods do you dislike? Meat. Cooked carrots. Hard or soft boiled eggs. Salted peanuts.
9. Favorite Place to Eat? Vegetarian cafes with a wide selection of baked goods (Noticing a trend?) and good chai lattes.
10. Favorite dressing? Balsamic, baby.
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? Honda Civic.
12. What are your favorite clothes? Retro-inspired dresses, pointy shoes, cozy cardigans, and sheer black bras (I'm wearing all of these right now).
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Turkey. Morocco. South Africa.
14. Where would you want to retire? I have several fantasies about the aging process and they all involve me turning into a stereotypical old woman from various films. I either envision a white house on the Plains, with laundry drying in the yard, or a tiny cottage on the Irish seaside. In both versions, I wear a lot of paisley and a scarf on my head.
15. Favorite time of day? I like the mid-morning when I'm focused, caffeinated, and fed. Or, anytime I'm feeling inspired.
16. Where were you born? Outside of Boston.
17. What is your favorite sport to watch? Ugh, I'm lame and can't stand watching sports.
18. Mysteriously, #18 is missing.
19. How many siblings? Two sisters and a brother.
20. Favorite pastime/hobby? I like walking, reading, and running up behind my boyfriend and pantsing him, preferably very early in the morning and right before he tries to get into bed at night. Ya know, when he's at his weakest and most irritable.
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? I generally LOVE reading things like this (the last page of Vanity Fair has a fantastic questionnaire) so anyone's really.
22. Bird watcher? Nope.
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? I've always believed I was a night person, but I've realized lately I'm just a watching-tv-into-the-night person.
24. Do you have any pets? Not yet.
25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share? Yesterday, my boyfriend's mother gave me a lap top! I feel very fancy (and crazy grateful - Thanks, Liz!!).
26. What did you want to be when you were little? Ok, this is so weird. I wanted to be in the Army or the Navy. As an artsy child in an extremely liberal New England community, I think I was attracted to the organization and structure.
27. What is your best childhood memory? Anytime I spent with my grandmother. She was a hoot.
28. Are you a cat or dog person? Either.
29. Are you married? Yes, in my heart...To a man named Lorenzo who drives a moped and recites poetry. No, really - the pantsing victim from #20 is my favorite person ever.
We have no shame.
30. Always wear your seat belt? Yes.
31. Been in a car accident? No.
32. Any pet peeves? Um, YES. People who use my nickname too soon, loud arguing in public areas, sequels that aren't as good as the original, and Anne Hathaway.
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Broccoli, multiple cheeses, eggplant.
34. Favorite Flower? Yellow roses (Read: The Age of Innocence).
35. Favorite ice cream? Chocolate chip.
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? Starbucks, especially if it's in a Barnes and Noble and serves Cheesecake Factory.
37. How many times did you fail your driver’s test? Alright, full disclosure: I'm a slow learner, got my driver's license at 23, had TWO permits, and failed the test once. You can imagine the waterworks; I'm a stress-crier.
38. From whom did you get your last email? the J. Crew Factory store, in case I missed that Black Friday is almost upon us.
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Can I count Etsy? My wishlist is a mile long (hint, hint).
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? Yes, I made cheesy spinach soup last night.
41. Like your job? Yes, absolutely.
42. Broccoli? Anytime, anywhere.
No joke, I Instagramed broccoli I love it so much.
43. What was your favorite vacation? The ones still to come.
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? My dad, my boyfriend, and my boyfriend's mom.
45. What are you listening to right now? The space heater behind me.
46. What is your favorite color? Raspberry, wine, mint, charcoal grey, navy, mustard yellow.
47. How many tattoos do you have? Zero, but I'm planning for my first one next February.
49. What time did you finish this quiz? 10 p.m.
50. Coffee Drinker? I didn't touch the stuff until I was 22 (Does this questionnaire make me sound Mormon?), but now I have a full on addiction.
Big thanks to Sweets, Erika, and Nicole who first alerted me to these. They're fun, guys!